The District Council of Pamplemousses is committed to provide top quality service coupled with courtesy and honesty. The 150,000 Mauritians living within the District remain the centre of attention at all times.
Our Core Values
· Preserving and enhancing lifestyle of inhabitants of Pamplemousses District
· Practice responsible care for our resources, assets and environment
· Equal access to services to all people
· Recognising the needs of all groups
· Commitment to integrity, honesty, impartiality and consistency in decision-making
· Efficiency and effectiveness
· Encourage creativity and quality innovative services
· To meet village people’s needs and growing demands by providing a wide range of service, namely scavenging services, road works, burials, street lighting, maintenance of public gardens, welfare services, organization of sports and cultural activities and by executing the work required by the villagers.
· To be on appropriate wavelength with changes in order not to be overtaken by innovations taking place in our environment and to keep pace with extended development in the rural residential areas.
· To be in constant contact with our customers and to have frequent exchange of views and discussions about local problems and needs in order to deliver the goods efficiently and promptly (in order to increase the Council’s efficiency and enhance the value it obtains from money it spends).
· To preserve good public relations which are essential for the projection of a good image to the public about the Councilors, Officers and their performance. To do so, we aim at working in close collaboration with our stakeholders such as our parent Ministry and the Ministry of Environment and National Development Unit
Download our Annual Report 2013 (link)